This is our development blog! We have been maintaining this blog with updates for over 1000 days now, starting June 10th, 2013. Here you can read about the work that goes into making a game as complex as Brutal Nature:
2015 April 6th
Still more work on the tutorial quest.
2015 April 5th
More work on the tutorial quest.
2015 April 4th
Rewrote how quest callback functions work to make them easier to use.
2015 April 3rd
More work on tutorial.
Removed None Case die.
2015 April 2nd
More work on the tutorial. Rerecorded all voice segments for Basic Crafting tutorial section.
Added plant fiber to bed recipe.
2015 April 1st
Still more work on tutorial.
Extended script function Player::GetInventoryQuanity to handle weapons and armor.
2015 March 31st
More work on the tutorial.
Added mining level to material info.
2015 March 30th
Placing wire now requires Copper Wire, 1 unit per 10 feet.
Added Composite bow.
2015 March 29th
Finished up improvements to server GUI. Server menu is now responsive during map generation.
2015 March 28th
Still working on the Server UI.
2015 March 27th
More work on the server UI.
2015 March 26th
Started work improving the server UI.
2015 March 25th
Fixed game not running with unicode characters in path.
Changed item notifications to display a total count in inventory for received items.
2015 March 24th
Fixed Official server running with test mode on.
Investigated game not running with unicode characters in path.
2015 March 23rd
Took screenshots and posted IndieDB/Desura news.
2015 March 22nd
Fixed date in log to have January be the first month.
Fixed tab control bugs.
Packed up and released a new version of Brutal Nature!
2015 March 22th, Brutal Nature 0.55 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs
- Added binoculars.
- Added new avatar: Michael.
- Added more feedback messages to wiring mode.
- Added per NPC death/hurt sound effect settings.
- Added unique sound for chat vs other console messages.
- Added viewing range reduction when low video ram is detected and flushing chunks past the viewing range does not free sufficient memory.
- Added viewing range reduction when x32 build is running low on memory.
- Added 'Default Console Display Time' to Brutal Nature.cfg
- Added 4 sulfuric acid to input for Gunpowder recipe.
- Increased Console message default time to 20 seconds.
- Increased damage multiplier of all ammo types.
- Increased armor penetration of JSP, FMJ and AP ammo.
- Increased Black Bear Piercing Armor by 100%
- Increased Grizzly Bear Piercing Armor by 100%
- Increased Grizzly Bear Blunt Armor by 100%
- Increased Spider Piercing Armor by 150%
- Increased wood used for cellulose recipe by 100%
- Increased cellulose requirements for gunpowder by 100%
- Improved logging code to detect writing failure and reopen the log file.
- Rebalanced heat for Covellite recipes.
- Changed Soda Glass recipe to Glass to be more consistent.
- Changed Server to save map data immediately after a new map is generated.
- Fixed crash bug when treasure chests where filled with invalid object.
- Fixed bug in tabs menu control.
- Fixed date in log to have January be the first month.
- Fixed bug where being disconnected from announce server while in certain menus could cause the menu to not properly be removed.
- Fixed bug with touchscreens where pressing the touchscreen in game could cause loss of performance.
- Fixed bug where server could lock up while looking for a place to spawn a NPC right after a player joined.
- Fixed potential issue with GetCursorPos on the x32 build.
- Fixed bug where tunnel generation was not listening to settings.
- Fixed typo in weapon types.
- Fixed subtitles displaying all at once when multiple quest audio segments where queued.
- Fixed rounding in amount selection boxes to match rest of game.
- Fixed bug where items that required 1 of something might not be satisfied due to floating point error.
- Fixed ctrl/shift click for materials in the barter and trade menus.
- Fixed bug where server would attempt to generate maps when Map Import Scale was set to insane values that would lock up the server.
- Fixed bug where players could bury other players.
- Fixed bug where NPC's killed by script who had armor where not dying.
- Fixed bug in wiring mode that could crash x64 client.
2015 March 21st
More play testing today. Found another bug in the tab menu changes.
2015 March 20th
Added new avatar: Michael.
2015 March 19th
More work fixing up the tabs menu after recent changes.