Nature is brutal, but can you survive the Brutal Nature of man?
Brutal Nature is a multiplayer 3d survival PC game where everything in the game can be crafted and destroyed. Life in Brutal Nature is about survival in the wilderness on an island by gathering resources for crafting, building structures, hunting and being hunted. For a list of currently supported features check out our information page.
The Landscape is a smooth voxel terrain that you can mine for resources, place to build free form structures, destroy with weapons and blow up with explosives! Build towers miles tall and mine far into the depths of the earth aided by a crafting system with over 900 recipes to make everything you need to survive and prosper.
Realism will be strived for but not allowed to stand in the way of fun. Game play will be tunable from highly realistic to arcade style fun by an easy to use modding system.
Inspired by Fallout, Terraria and Dwarf Fortress, We wish to bring you a game with complex depth and exciting combat in a modern age realistic world. We heavily support modding and have made the game exceptionally easy to mod. All vanilla content is essentially a mod that can be removed, edited or replaced.
Brutal Nature is free to play while in alpha but development is supported entirely by pre-orders, get your copy today for 50% off release price!
Vote for us on Steam Greenlight! Your support means everything to us!
Daily development blog:
500+ days without a missed day.
2014 December 27th
Did play testing today.
Fixed duplicate Ash from wood recipe in bonfire. Fixed bug where player could be seen at the location he died for a single frame when he respawned.
2014 December 26th
Added paste form clipboard support to console/chat window. Cleaned up a lot of code.
2014 December 25th
Added option to display ping next to FPS.
Fixed bug where interact with players was not taking into account animation. Fixed bug where unequipped armors still gave you armor bonuses.
2014 December 24th
Fixed the Contact Us form on the webpage, apparently it was broken for awhile. Sorry for not replying to any comments you may have sent.
Added paste option to all edit boxes by pressing ctrl+v. Added ability for certain avatars to be restricted to pre-order only accounts.
Fixed bug in instanced object shader not taking into account world shadow. Optimised client side collision function slightly.
2014 December 23rd
More work on the registration system.
2014 December 22nd
Finished up the account menu. You can now see your total play time across all online servers. Accounts can now be registered to a key and the status of accounts (paid/free) is passed to the server
E-mail addresses can also be registered to an account for password recovery when that feature is added. Note that registering an e-mail account is optional and will only be used for password recovery.
2014 December 21st
More work on account info menu. Started work on an admin system for the announce server.
2014 December 20th
Fixed a bug caused by optimizations in the last version, bug sometimes would cause random severe slow downs while the world is loading. Fixed bug in edit box not allowing '-' after the 1st character.
Optimized world loading slightly.
2014 December 19th
Started work on a new account info menu.
2014 December 18th
Added Mouse wheel filter option to config file.
Made Smithsonite and Cerussite ores much rarer.
2014 December 17th
Wrote a new shader for the NPC's. Now they are lit much better.
Fixed some more bugs in the FBX model export code.
2014 December 16th
Published news of the new releases on Steam Greenlight, IndieDB and Desura.
2014 December 15th
Packed up a new version of Brutal Nature and released it! Also took new screenshots for the media page.
December 15th, 0.50 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs
- Added two avatars.
- Added avatar Selection menu.
- Added run, idle and jumping animations for players.
- Added a new scripting function (gMaterials.RecipeMakes) to check if a recipe makes a certain item.
- Added new shader for displaying models in the GUI.
- Optimized the vertex upload of terrain data, game play should be much smoother as the map loads now.
- Changed flashlight effect to not illuminate so much around the player when in use.
- Changed script function that add weapons to support weapons with different conditions.
- Changed Weapons spawned in crates to have lower condition to promote making your own weapons.
- Changed Cassiterite to be darker so it would stand out more.
- Changed model loader slightly to make reusing of animations easier.
- Improved world download speeds.
- Removed shortcut in basic tools quest that checked if you had a hammer since you can now get hammers from chests instead of crafting them.
- Reduced health damage from eating uncooked boar meat and mushrooms.
- Fixed NPC's, wiring, etc from being visible past terrain viewing range as the world downloads.
- Fixed explosive weapons to use correct bounding box for animated NPC's and avatars.
- Fixed bug in recipes using bronze shapes.
- Fixed bug in recipes using 'Wood Ash'
- Fixed bug where treasure chests with nothing in them could spawn.
- Fixed bug relating to mouse not updating its center position if the user moved the window.
- Fixed bug where NPC's could appear backwards at times.
- Fixed bugs in the FBX animation export code.
2014 December 14th
Added jumping animation. Did some more play testing and started packing up another version for release.
2014 December 13th
Setup running animations to play depending on what direction a player is running in.
2014 December 12th
Changed flashlight effect to not illuminate so much around the player when in use. Selected the 10 animations for my Mixamo Indie subscription.
2014 December 11th
Did more play testing. Fixed explosive weapons to use correct bounding box for animated NPC's and avatars.
2014 December 10th
Majorly optimized the vertex upload of terrain data, game play should be much smoother as the map loads now. Extended script function that add weapons to support weapons with different conditions. Weapons spawned in crates now have lower condition to promote making your own weapons.
2014 December 9th
Finished up preventing NPC's, wiring, etc from being visible past terrain viewing range as the world downloads.
2014 December 8th
More work on preventing NPC's, wiring, etc from being visible past terrain viewing range as the world downloads. Improved world download speeds.