Nature is brutal, but can you survive the Brutal Nature of man?
Brutal Nature is a free to play, multiplayer 3d survival PC game where everything in the game can be crafted and destroyed. Life in Brutal Nature is about survival in the wilderness on an island by gathering resources for crafting, building structures, hunting and being hunted. For a list of currently supported features check out our information page.
The Landscape is a smooth voxel terrain that you can mine for resources, place to build free form structures, destroy with weapons and blow up with explosives! Build towers miles tall and mine far into the depths of the earth aided by a crafting system with over 700 recipes to make everything you need to survive and prosper.
Realism will be strived for but not allowed to stand in the way of fun. Game play will be tunable from highly realistic to arcade style fun by an easy to use modding system.
Inspired by Fallout, Terraria and Dwarf Fortress, We wish to bring you a game with complex depth and exciting combat in a modern age realistic world. We heavily support modding and have made the game exceptionally easy to mod. All vanilla content is essentially a mod that can be removed, edited or replaced.
Brutal Nature is free to play while in alpha but development is supported entirely by pre-orders, get your copy today for 50% release price!
Vote for us on Steam Greenlight! Your support means everything to us!
Daily development blog:
500+ days without a missed day.
2014 November 21st
Fixed bug where NPC's could appear backwards at times.
Reduced health damage from eating uncooked boar meat and mushrooms.
2014 November 20th
Fixed some more bugs in the FBX animation export code and got a Fuse model rendering with animations in Brutal Nature.
2014 November 19th
Bought an Indie subscription to Mixamo. Started working with Fuse to create better avatars for Brutal Nature.
2014 November 18th
Fixed bug in recipes using bronze shapes.
Fixed bug in recipes using 'Wood Ash'
2014 November 17th
Took screenshots for new version and wrote IndieDB, Steam Greenlight, etc announcements.
2014 November 16th
Packed up a new version of Brutal Nature for release!
November 16th, 0.48 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs
- Added two new high quality animated models: a Boar and a Black Bear.
- Added 100% more surface kaolin deposits.
- Added tracking of crafting to stats menu.
- Added tracking of melee/projectile deaths and decided how I want to add in additional stats.
- Added armor info to the stats menu.
- Added sound when attempting to fire weapon with no ammo.
- Added Armor condition. Armor blocks less damage when below 50% condition.
- Added Melee weapon damage reduction with condition below 33%.
- Added chance of failure to fire to weapons under 33% condition. Added reduced muzzel velocity effect when projectile weapons are under 33% condition.
- Added weapons to have additional projectile spread below 30% condition, with additional spread increasing linearly from 0 at 30% up to several times the base weapon spread at 0% condition.
- Added saving/loading of gun condition on server.
- Added zinc ore Smithsonite.
- Added Cassiterite ore.
- Added metal Tin and Zinc.
- Added alloys Bronze and Brass.
- Added Bronze armor, pickaxe, knife and sword.
- Added bronze bars, plates, etc.
- Added recipes to cast and forge bronze at the basic forge.
- Added 15 character limit for user names.
- Added weapon condition that degrades with use. Default is 0.1% degrade per shot, or 1000 shots per weapon.
- Added Chrome-moly steel armor and Tool Steel armor.
- Added hammers and saws to treasure chests.
- Changed basic chemistry table to need wood instead of wood boards to reduce the difficulty to make it.
- Changed melee weapons to work underwater.
- Changed Projectiles to pass through water but with much increased drag, making projectile weapons ineffective past a few feet due to reduced damage.
- Changed category of many materials like mortar, wood boards, casting sand, etc to 'Building Material'.
- Changed category of Drill to 'Tools'.
- Changed category of Quick Lime and Calcium Hydroxide to 'Chemical'.
- Changed cartridges to need Brass to be made.
- Changed ammo types to produce a different number of cartridges per case die and table batch depending on case caliber.
- Changed the Saltpeter and Cerussite texture so that they stand out more.
- Changed npc pathing to prevent NPC's from becoming so easily stuck in things.
- Changed client to reads windows double click time setting and uses that for the GUI instead of 0.2 seconds.
- Renamed Potash to Potassium Carbonate.
- Renamed Quick Lime to Calcium Oxide.
- Reduced health regeneration to 50%
- Reduced food from berries.
- Reduced amount of Sulfur dioxide produced by 'Sulfur Dioxide from Pyrite' by 50%.
- Reduced size of pyrite veins by 50%.
- Reduced Tools required to produce guns to 50%.
- Reduced Tools consumed to produce guns to 60%.
- Removed health restore from roast meat and berries.
- Removed particle effect when mining water.
- Increased oak tree size.
- Increased the amount of thin kaolin veins near the surface.
- Increased amount of pyrite needed in 'Sulfuric Acid from Pyrite' recipe by 100%.
- Increased hammers needed to make higher end pickaxes.
- Increased tools to make Higher end receivers and barrels.
- Optimized the animation system
- Fixed underground NPC's rising to the surface.
- Fixed player model not loading the correct textures.
- Fixed revolvers not needing a barrel or receiver to be made.
- Fixed typos in 'Wrought Iron from Pig Iron' recipe.
- Fixed bug where pressing escape with the quit confirm menu open would leave the GUI in an invalid state.
- Fixed a bug where the server could run out of memory due to a ray vs voxel collision check going on forever.
- Fixed bug when logging onto a server, NPC's killed before you logged on appeared as alive.
- Fixed backward text on ammo box.
2014 November 15th
Did play testing and fixed a few more minor bugs before release.
2014 November 14th
Added more stat tracking. Fixed a few minor bugs.
2014 November 13th
Added tracking of crafting to stats menu.
Reduced health regeneration to 50%
2014 November 12th
More work on the new stats menu. Added tracking of melee/projectile deaths and decided how I want to add in additional stats.
2014 November 11th
More work on the stats menu. Added armor info to the stats menu.
2014 November 10th
More work on armor condition. Did some design work on a new stats page.
2014 November 9th
Added sound when attempting to fire weapon with no ammo.
Melee weapon damage now degrades with condition below 33%.
Armor now has condition. Armor blocks less damage when below 50% condition.
2014 November 8th
Tools required to produce guns reduced to 50%. Tools consumed to produce guns reduced to 60%.
Added chance of failure to fire to weapons under 33% condition. Added reduced muzzel velocity effect when projectile weapons are under 33% condition.
Added saving/loading of gun condition on server.
2014 November 7th
Weapons now have additional projectile spread below 30% condition, with additional spread increasing linearly from 0 at 30% up to several times the base weapon spread at 0% condition.
Tested out Mixamo Fuse 1.3, Seems very cool. tried making a few characters in it and I think it went rather well. Will likely replace player model with a Mixamo Fuse character in the near future.
2014 November 6th
Added weapon condition that degrades with use. Default is 0.1% degrade per shot, or 1000 shots per weapon.
Removed health restore from roast meat and berries. Reduced food from berries.
2014 November 5th
Made melee weapons work underwater.
Projectiles now pass through water but with much increased drag, making projectile weapons ineffective past a few feet due to reduced damage.
2014 November 4th
Made some changes that will hopefully help prevent NPC's from becoming so easily stuck in things.
2014 November 3rd
Spent the day thinking about how to adjust NPC behavior to better follow players without falling through the world or getting stuck as easily.
Removed particle effect when mining water.
2014 November 2nd
Fixed a bug where the server could run out of memory due to a ray vs voxel collision check going on forever.
Fixed bug when logging onto a server, NPC's killed before you logged on appeared as alive.