This is our development blog! We have been maintaining this blog with updates for over 1000 days now, starting June 10th, 2013. Here you can read about the work that goes into making a game as complex as Brutal Nature:
2015 January 20th
Assigned prices to more items. Assigned prices to ammo.
Fixed double click to only be triggered if the mouse had not moved much since last click.
2015 January 19th
Redid how the barter menu works, Looks much better now.
2015 January 18th
More work on the barter menu. Still not quite happy with it.
2015 January 17th
Added new walking sound for NPCs. Did more work on the barter menu.
2015 January 16th
Sent out the last batch of pre-order keys! Everyone who has bought the game should have their key now. If not please contact us using the contact form.
Set the prices of more items. Removed clothing from the game as it didn't seem to be fulfilling much of a purpose right now.
2015 January 15th
Sent another batch of pre-order keys!
Reduced distance walking sounds can be heard by 50%
Added Poison Gland, can be harvested from spiders.
Added Endurance Potion made from mushrooms and poison glands.
Limited player spawn to Z levels below 150 to prevent spawning on sky structures.
2015 January 14th
Added a viewing angle limit for NPCs so they can't see behind them.
Reduced time to roast meat to 60 seconds. Reduced time to make mud bricks to 60 seconds. Trying to make the early game a little faster.
Added settings in server.cfg to limit sidestep and backwards movement speed.
Reduced backwards and sidestep movement speed. Reduced Boar speed by 30%
2015 January 13th
Account menu now closes when you connect to a server.
Added food spoilage. Meats now turn into spoiled meat with time and spoiled meat will slowly disappear from your inventory on its own. Mushrooms and berries also spoil. Cooked meats spoil slower then uncooked meats.
Added weight to food. Reduced food used by endurance regeneration by 60%. Reduced food recovered from food items by 50%
Reduced meat from boars by 30%. Reduced agro range of boars by 30%. Increased HP of boars by 50%
2015 January 12th
Second batch of preorder keys sent out today.
Added context text when cross-hairs are over camp fire lights.
Reduced size range for NPCs. Reduced size of grizzly bears slightly.
2015 January 11th
Reduced Berry bush spawn by 80%. Reduced mushroom spawn by 50%.
Thinned pyrite veins. Made deep hematite veins slightly thicker. Added a hematite biome for medium size veins at medium depths.
Reduced bauxite spawn at surface by 50%. Reduced lead spawn by 50%.
Tree List now responds to double clicks correctly. Fixed bug where double clicking some categories could result in unexpected recipes being selected
2015 January 10th
Sent out first batch of pre-order keys for Brutal Nature.
Added script based vendor inventory system.
2015 January 9th
More work on adding prices to items and money to players.
2015 January 8th
More work on barter menu. Now roughly works. Starting on adding prices to in game items.
2015 January 7th
More work on the barter menu.
2015 January 6th
More work on the barter menu.
2015 January 5th
Started work on a barter menu and did more design work.
2015 January 4th
Released a new version of Brutal Nature!
Took screenshots for media page.
January 4th, 0.51 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs
- Added new shader for the NPC's. Now they are lit much better.
- Added Subtitles to quests
- Added account menu. Accounts can now be registered to a key and the status of accounts (paid/free) is passed to the server.
- Added menu item in account menu to change account password.
- Added menu item in account menu register E-mail addresses to an account for password recovery when that feature is added. Note that registering an e-mail account is optional and will only be used for password recovery.
- Added menu item in account menu to see your total play time across all online servers.
- Added option to display ping next to FPS.
- Added paste form clipboard support to console/chat window.
- Added paste option to all edit boxes by pressing ctrl+v.
- Added ability for certain avatars to be restricted to pre-order only accounts.
- Added better handling of users attempting to open empty treasure chests.
- Added Mouse wheel filter option to config file.
- Increased max condition of weapons in treasure chests from 40% to 60%.
- Increased rarity of Smithsonite and Cerussite ores.
- Optimised client side collision function slightly.
- Optimized world loading slightly.
- Fixed bug that could spawn empty treasure chests.
- Fixed Projectile vs player collision to take into account animation.
- Fixed duplicate Ash from wood recipe in bonfire.
- Fixed bug where player could be seen at the location he died for a single frame when he respawned.
- Fixed bug where interact with players was not taking into account animation.
- Fixed bug where unequipped armors still gave you armor bonuses.
- Fixed bug in instanced object shader not taking into account world shadow.
- Fixed bug caused by optimizations in the last version, bug would sometimes cause random severe slow downs while the world is loading.
- Fixed bug in edit box not allowing '-' after the 1st character.
2015 January 3rd
Getting game ready for another release. More work on game design.
2015 January 2nd
Play testing and getting ready for another release.