This is our development blog! We have been maintaining this blog with updates for over 1000 days now, starting June 10th, 2013. Here you can read about the work that goes into making a game as complex as Brutal Nature:
2014 September 26th
Got the animation data from FBX models exporting into 'smsh' format now.
2014 September 25th
Successfully used Autodesk FBX SDK to load all the existing Collada models for the game and save them properly in 'smsh' format.
2014 September 24th
Still working on getting FBX models imported.
2014 September 23rd
More work on loading FBX files.
Thanks Dysoch for mentioning my game on Factorio forums!
2014 September 22nd
More research into FBX sdk.
2014 September 21st
Started research into the FBX sdk.
2014 September 20th
Took screenshots for new release.
Fixed bug with help menu where material preview would show up at wrong time.
2014 September 19th
Packed up and released a new version of Brutal Nature!
September 19th, 0.47 is now released:
- Fixed all known bugs
- Added more tutorial quests.
- Added new food: Fried mushrooms.
- Added option in Brutal Nature.cfg to not use raw mouse input as it was causing problems with some touchscreen devices.
- Switched to Raknet for networking.
- Shortened tutorial intro.
- Changed some high level ores to be much rarer, especially at the surface.
- Change the client network stats menu.
- Fixed NPC's not being able to see through water.
- Fixed bug where weapon vs NPC collision was incorrect when the NPC was dead.
- Fixed NPC's getting stuck under water.
- Fixed bug causing underground NPC's to spawn at 0,0,0.
2014 September 18th
Fixed bug that causes tab to not work properly in server selection screen.
Fixed bug when failing to connect to single player server it would attempt to reconnect to announce server.
2014 September 17th
Fixed NPC's getting stuck under water. NPC's can now see through water.
2014 September 16th
Play tested new quests.
Did some research into what format to use for importing animations into the game.
2014 September 15th
Recorded voice over for Basic Tools quest.
2014 September 14th
Finished up scripting for Basic Tools quest.
2014 September 13th
More work on new quests.
Fixed nasty crash bug in announce server caused by slight misuse of new networking library. Fixed bug causing underground NPC's to spawn at 0,0,0.
2014 September 12th
Did some more work on the net code. Started writing some additional quests.
2014 September 11th
Finished up the basic crafting quest.
2014 September 10th
Added option in Brutal Nature.cfg to not use raw mouse input as it was causing problems with some touchscreen devices.
2014 September 9th
More work on the basic crafting quest. recorded voice for all the segments and added a tutorial segment for C and Shift+C.
2014 September 8th
Started updating the Basic Crafting quest. Made Basic Crafting auto start after tutorial is finished.